San Angelo, TX (April 13, 2023, 2:11pm) One male and one female are in custody after the execution of a Narcotics Search Warrant at a residence in the 2900blk of Bowie Street. At the conclusion of the Search Warrant, 46-year-old Oscar Mendez and 36-year-old Velia Valdez were transported to the Tom Green County Jail, where they were both charged with Man/Del CS PG1 >=400grams.
SAPD’s Street Crimes Division developed information that a quantity of illegal narcotics was being kept at a local residence on Bowie Street. A Search Warrant was executed during the Morning hours of 4/13/23 by SAPD’s SWAT, Street Crimes, and K9 Divisions. The listed items were located/seized inside the residence along with both Mendez and Valdez.
- Approximately 20 pounds of Methamphetamine
- Approximately 1.36 pounds of Heroin
- Approximately 12 grams of pills (suspected to be Fentanyl)
- Approximately 5.7 grams of Marijuana
- 3 Firearms (one of which is confirmed as stolen)
- Approximately $3,500 in US Currency
Additional charges may be forthcoming as this investigation continues.