Citizens Online Police Reports
Powered by Coplogic
IF YOU HAVE AN EMERGENCY PLEASE CALL 9-1-1
DISPATCH NON-EMERGENCY 325.657.4315
DESK DUTY OFFICER 325.481.2926
The men and women of the San Angelo Police Department would like to say thank you for choosing to make an online report. By making an online report you become part of helping to keep more patrol officers available so they can respond rapidly to emergency calls for service.
DO NOT MAKE AN ONLINE REPORT IF:
- The crime you are reporting is currently in progress.
- The suspect who committed the crime is still on scene.
- There is evidence left by the suspect, or if there is evidence of the crime still on scene.
- You are reporting a crime which did not occur within the San Angelo City Limits.
Before you begin your report please read the following information about what can and what cannot be reported online.
WHAT IS NOT REPORTABLE ONLINE
- Violent Crimes - Family Violence, Assaults where there is injury, Kidnapping, Robbery, etc.
- Sex Crimes- Rape, Sexual Assault, etc.
- Stolen Vehicles
- Lost or Stolen License Plates
- Traffic Accidents
- Child Abuse
WHAT IS REPORTABLE ONLINE
CLICK ON THE APPROPRIATE CRIME LINK TO START YOUR REPORT
NOTE: Please download any Documents and/or Photos so they can easily be attached to your online report.
- Burglary of a Motor Vehicle: Burglaries to vehicles where there is no suspect information and no evidence to collect.
- Theft: Where the value of the items taken is less than $2500.00 dollars and the suspect is known or unknown. Firearms cannot be reported stolen online and neither can materials which are hazardous to public safety i.e. (explosives, or highly toxic substances)
- Simple Assault: If the assault does not involve a family member, or a dating relationship and it only consists of (unwanted contact, or threats of non-serious bodily injury). Also you did not suffer any visible injuries, pain, or need medical treatment.
- Garage Burglaries: Where there is no forced entry, no evidence to collect, and no suspect information.
- Criminal Mischief (Vandalism): Where the suspect is unknown and it is not considered a hate crime.
- Harassing Phone Calls: Where there is no suspect information.
- Identity Theft: Where there is no suspect information or the suspect is not local.
- Debit Card/Credit Card Abuse: Without evidence to collect and the suspect is unknown.
Online Report Approval Process
Once you submit your report it will need to be reviewed and approved by a police officer before you will be able to obtain an official report from the Records Division.
Print Report Information - If you would like a printed copy of your unapproved report, you must print the report at the time of submission. If you choose to print the report at that time, this report will NOT be an “official” report.
Follow-up information - The police officer reviewing your report may send you an email requesting additional information that is needed before the report can be approved. Please ensure you provide a valid email address on the submission form for email notifications and correspondence.
Rejected Reports - The police officer reviewing your report may reject your report if for some reason the report is not able to be submitted online. If the report is rejected any follow-up will require a complete re-submission of the online report.
Approved Reports – Once the report is approved by a police officer it will take a minimum of 3 business days before you can obtain an official report from the Records Division.
For more information on obtaining a Police Report click here.